Organizing large events is already a task, but what about outdoor events? Have you thought about what it looks like to plan them out?
From public versus private properties as well as uncontrollable factors such as weather, these are some of the items outdoor event planners need to be aware of when planning marathons, for example.
In this episode, Brent Mekosh is joined by Jamil Coury, the CEO and founder of Aravaipa Running. Jamil dives into the world of trail running and entrepreneurship while revealing what it really looks like to organize substantial outdoor events.
- His experience in building Aravaipa Running, an outdoor event-planning business
- The logistics behind organizing trail-running events
- The risks involved with outdoor events and the importance of flexibility
- Ways his business grew despite the shutdowns of the pandemic
- Risk management tools and insurance coverage when it comes to planning outdoor events
- And more!
- “Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen” by Christopher McDougall
- “All-In with Chamath, Jason, Sacks & Friedberg”
Connect with Jamil Coury:
Connect with Brent Mekosh:
About Our Guest:
Jamil Coury started running ultramarathons in 2005 and instantly fell in love with the sport. He took over the direction of the Javelina Jundred in 2008 and started Aravaipa Running in 2009. Jamil has been competing in ultras around the world since and is currently on a quest to finish five loops at the Barkley Marathons.