How much do you know about the cardiology industry?
Have you thought about how many opportunities you need to transition away from your current position and grow within this or any other field?
In this episode, Jay Shah, the Chief Medical Officer at Aktiia, joins Brent Mekosh to unveil the medical aspects behind cardiology and the heart. Jay details the utilization of technology within the medical industry while highlighting his journey from a secure position to exploring growth opportunities at a startup.
- What made him get into the cardiology world
- Heart diseases as ‘silent killers’
- The importance of exploring new opportunities to grow professionally
- Using numbers and data points to monitor our health and daily choices
- Aktiia’s technological solution to track blood pressure patterns
- How his role at a startup differs from his title role
- The value of physician leadership within the healthcare industry
- And more!
Connect with Jay Shah:
Connect with Brent Mekosh:
About Our Guest:
Jay Shah is a seasoned physician leader with over 15 years of progressive and diverse experiences in the medical field within academic, clinical, and teaching environments, as well as building medical businesses and service lines.
As the Chief Medical Officer of Aktiia, Jay is part of a transformative company empowering providers and patients to improve the diagnosis, monitoring, and treatment of hypertension. A condition that affects nearly 1 in 2 American adults and over 1 billion people around the world.