Whether it’s achieving new goals or pushing ourselves to the next level, John Burton believes that nothing comes easy and that it’s all about putting in the work and making a conscious effort every. single. day.
In this episode, Brent Mekosh talks to John Burton, a software project manager by day and an avid ultra-runner by mid-afternoon whom he met during a 50-mile race in the Black Hills of South Dakota. Since then, John has run over 200-mile races and obtained several racing medals with persistence and love for the sport.
Listen in as John navigates his experience as an ultra-runner while highlighting how he has been able to push himself every time he signs up for a race.
- The aftermath of when he pushed himself to the extreme and how he managed to recover
- The mindset that is needed when running any race over the length of a marathon
- An anecdote of how he met his now wife through their combined love for running
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving: Some of the skills running has taught him
- And more!
- “The Barkley Marathons”
- “Born to Run” by Christopher McDougall
Connect with John Burton:
Connect with Brent Mekosh:
About Our Guest:
John Burton is a software product manager by morning, and an ultra-runner by mid-afternoon.