At some point, we are all salespeople constantly looking to prove our ability to reinvent our wheel, depending on our industry.
So, how to change our mindset to celebrate every win?
In this episode, Brent Mekosh speaks with Ian Mills, the CEO and Founding Director of Transform Performance International. Ian unveils the psychology behind a successful salesperson, what you should know about influencing versus selling, and strategies to develop a successful mindset.
- The belief system that separates top performers from the rest
- Why your starting point doesn’t matter in your development toward success
- How introspection can increase self-esteem and increase the possibility of success
- How to build a repertoire of coping mechanisms and techniques to overcome obstacles
- And more!
- “The Salesperson Secret Code” by Ian Mills
- Daniel Pink
- “Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones” by James Clear
Connect with Ian Mills:
Connect with Brent Mekosh:
About Our Guest:
Ian Mills is the CEO and Founding Director of Transform Performance International, a global advisory firm offering solutions to our client’s business performance challenges. This means helping them achieve more, more quickly, and with more certainty. His clients have included world-renowned brands such as Virgin Media, HP, and American Express.
Ian has also co-authored three books. ‘100 Big Ideas to Help You Succeed’ is designed to prompt readers to consider what to say, how to act, and challenge what they believe. ‘The Salesperson’s Secret Code’ has analyzed over 1,000 of the world’s top-performing salespeople to identify five core components that combine to form a belief system that distinguishes winners in sales and business. The most recent book is ‘The Leader’s Secret Code’ – based on global research, the findings share the belief systems that set top-performing leaders apart.